So I bought a few ingredients, just enough to make 25 1-inch balls. What I did was add nutmeg and vanilla, and viola! A fuller taste with a twist. Here's the recipe for the yema balls:
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 50g pack of coconut powder
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 tsp nutmeg
2 cups powdered milk
1 cup powdered sugar
- Pour the condensed milk into a thick saucepan and heat under low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the yolk into the pan, then add the coconut powdrer while stirring.
- Stir in the melted butter, then add the vanilla and nutmeg. For a stronger flavor, you can add more nutmeg and coconut powder.
- Put into medium heat and stir in the powdered milk.
- Continue stirring until mixture thickens a lot and the sides show hardening (not burning!) at the unstirred portions.
- Remove from heat and let cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Shape into balls and roll in powdered sugar.
- Put in colorful mini cupcake liners.