May 27, 2010

Homemade Crepes and Cream Recipe

I have been eating crepes for as long as I remember, even before I knew about the food chains that sell them at malls. When I first enjoyed them years back, they were only available in restaurants like the Tree House in UP Diliman, Quezon City. The crepes were nicely made, with just enough filling of fresh fruits and cream to satisfy your taste buds with mild sweet tastes. But it has been long since I have eaten crepes, and when I saw the Crepes and Cream Shop at the Mall of Asia in Macapagal Boulevard, I asked my hunny for a cold treat.

Being a lover of everything sweet, my boyfriend didn't take long to agree, and we found ourselves sitting around the tiny tables, separated from the busy walkway of the crowded mall by just a fence. The setting was not so enjoyable though, which may explain why almost everyone opts for takeout. But I was exhausted, and we decided to just sit there and eat.


The crepes are freshly made, you can even watch them spread the batter thinly on the large crepe pan beside the counter. We ordered Carribean Cruise and the Chocolate Temptation. Nothing too fancy, really, at just Php 95 per order. They were great, but I'm someone who chooses subtle, simple taste over mixed up and stuff-all-you-can food. But never mind that, those crepes were stuffed and delicious!

Here is the recipe for homemade crepe: (serves 4 Chocolate Temptation Crepes)

Ingredients:

1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3 tbsps. white sugar
4 tbsps melted butter
1 egg
1 cup of milk

Filling:

fudge brownies, cubed
whipped all-purpose cream
rich chocolate ice cream
chopped roasted almonds for garnish
Hersheys dark chocolate syrup for garnish

Procedure
  1. Beat the egg, then mix well with milk and butter.
  2. In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and sugar.
  3. Make a well at the center, then pour egg mixture. Mix well.
  4. Lightly butter a non-stick pan.
  5. Pour 1/8 cup of the thin batter onto the pan, and swirl the pan to spread the batter thinly.
  6. Flip the crepe when the edges start to brown, and cook through.
  7. Place in a large plate. Put 2 cubes of brownies at the center, then roll the crepe to form a cone.
  8. Put about a tablespoon of whipped cream, then top with a scoop of ice cream. 
  9. Place a few more brownie cubes, then top again with ice cream. 
  10. Top with whip cream, chopped roasted almonds, and dark chocolate syrup.
  11. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Even if I am in a diet, I am willing to make and indulge in this recipe.
    baby cribs

    ReplyDelete