This Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe is a self-made version while thinking of ways how to use the Lemon Pepper Seasoning bought from Gourdo's in Gateway Mall, where we ate in Burgoo for lunch. It is somehow like nilagang manok, but with a twist of lemon and fresh basil.
Here's the Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe:
1 medium-sized potato, cut thinly
1/2 kilo chicken breasts or thigh
3 cloves garlic, minced or finely chopped
1 onion, sliced thinly
3 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
2 large leaves of freshly picked basil leaves, chopped
a pinch of freshly cracked peppercorns
1 teaspoon salt
1 tbsp thai fish sauce
- Place the chicken pieces in a casserole and pour in enough water to cover.
- Add onion, garlic, salt, peppercorns, fish sauce and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Set over medium heat uncovered and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and basil.
- Cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.