May 18, 2010

T.G.I. Friday's at Alabang Town Center


Being assigned at the operating room rocks. We only get to have our duty for only three days in a week, and we get the whole Thursday to Sunday all to ourselves, just lazing our sorry fattened butts off. But the summer heat makes it so appealing to go and cool down at the mall, and me and my hunny decided to go to Alabang Town Center in Muntinlupa City, which is just a mere 20 minutes away.

I loved going to My Dollar Store to buy some food, mostly stuff that are only months before their expiration dates, but real good stuff nevertheless. These food are imports, and not that I choose foreign products over ours, these packaged goods are not sold anywhere else but in Duty Free, which is so far away from our home. I wanted to buy the non-stick cooking spray, but the salad dressings and sweet stuff distracted me, and I totally forgot to get it off the shelves.

After a few more stores of window shopping and strolling, our stomachs growled of hunger and our skins complained of dehydration. We then decided to have our late lunch at T.G.I. Friday's bistro. We had Green Apple Slush with cherry on top to cool us down, then ate their Buffalo Wings with Blue Cheese dip as we waited for the rest of our orders. The green apple slush was a very refreshing way to serve Sprite. The Buffalo Wings were good, but I have eaten better wings than those.

I had Cajun Shrimp and Chicken Pasta while my hunny had Jack Daniel's Glazed Ribs. While the pasta was not remarkable, the glazed ribs were definitely a winner. To start off, the pasta was way too cheesy for me, with too little chicken and only three small shrimps. And I didn't taste the smallest hint any sauteed bell peppers. All my senses picked up were way too much Parmesan cheese, of which I am not a very huge fan. It's just like any ordinary mac'n'cheese.

The Jack Daniel's Glazed Ribs, on the other hand, were as tender as promised. It is literally fall-off-the-bone tender. The glaze was of the perfect consistency and blend, it literally blew me away.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mozzarella sticks, cajun chicken fingers and spicy new orleans pasta!

    ReplyDelete