Jun 2, 2010

Ensaladang Manga (Green Mango Salad Recipe)


Whenever I eat too much meat, or any fatty dish whether it may be deep fried or pan fried in butter, I always feel guilty about having too much junk inside my digestive system. I try to compensate by adding greens and fruits to my diet, thinking that it would help me recover from the layers of bad cholesterol sticking to my belly as I eat mouthwatering sinful slabs of pork such as lechon kawali or Lucban longganisa.

This salad is very easy to prepare, and it's a favorite accompaniment to fish and meat dishes. Although the abundance of green mangoes is in the summer season from March to May, one can always get fresh green mangoes from their local grocery store.

Ensaladang Manga Recipe


2 plump green mangoes
2 medium tomatoes
1 medium red or white onion
1 tbsp alamang (shrimp paste) of your choice
2 small java mint leaves (optional)

  1. Peel and chop mangoes into small cubes and place into salad platter. 
  2. Chop tomatoes into small cubes as well and mix with mangoes.
  3. Cut red onion into two and discard half. If using white onions, use both halves. 
  4. Cut onions into thin slices of half-rings and put on top of mango-tomato mixture.
  5. Top with shrimp paste.
  6. Crush and finely chop java mint leaves, and sprinkle on salad for extra flavor.

0 dishes:

Post a Comment