Jun 26, 2010

Hot and Spicy Pork Steak


Alex and I recently bought chili garlic sauce for the buffalo wings he has been asking me to make. In trying to find more ways to cook with it I thought of using pork this time, with crossed fingers and high hopes that it would turn out well. It did, actually, and Alex consumed probably almost three cups of rice with this dish. It was spicy and tasty at the same time, and the chili garlic sauce added a nice Asian touch to what I otherwise see as braised pork in soy sauce.



If you're buying local chili garlic sauce, the color would be a lot less red, but just as tasty anyways. I used Lee Kum Kee's Chili Garlic Sauce because the local versions don't work quite as well on my version of buffalo wings. For this recipe, I also used Kikkoman Soy Sauce. Regular soy sauce works just fine but I just love the alcoholic aftertaste of Kikkoman's, being naturally brewed and all. This dish, served with ensaladang manga, is definitely a winner.

Hot and Spicy Pork Steak Recipe

Note: I use measuring spoons and measuring cups for my recipes, so if you're using normal utensils the measurements would not be accurate and much less than indicated.
 

Ingredients

5 pcs 3-inch long and 1/2-inch thick tender pork cuts
6 1/2 tsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce (add more to taste)
1/4 tsp grated ginger (optional)
butter for pan-frying

Procedure
  1. Melt butter in a non-stick frying pan.
  2. Lightly pan-fry the pork cuts until the pinkish color is just gone.
  3. Pour the soy sauce and ginger into the pan.
  4. Cover and braise for 5 to 7 minutes, until well done.
  5. Serve hot with a vegetable side dish, like ensaladang manga.

0 dishes:

Post a Comment