It was one of those Sundays when I get into a fight with my siblings. Our
Anyway, ever since the early morning at around 6 a.m. I have been doing all the work that I don't see fit mentioning in this blog. And by around 10 a.m. my dysmenorrhea is killing me already. To top it off, I feel like I'm going to have a fever, and my nose is all stuffed with the colds. With the feeling that I am going to faint, I finished off the morning chores for the Sunday, and believe it or not Sundays are the busiest mornings ever, with all the grocery shopping and going to the market and sorting everything out, washing, draining, organizing. Whatsoever. I complained, got into a fight with my dad, and I yelled at everyone. You know how they say that a woman with her period is cranky? Well, I just proved that to myself.
So to make it up to me, my sister decided to make Korean barbecue, with a side dish of togue and eggplants. Here's the recipe.
Korean Barbecue Recipe
Note: I use measuring spoons and measuring cups for my recipes, so if you're using normal utensils the measurements would not be accurate and much less than indicated.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 4 tbsp refined sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 kilo tender beef, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp chili sauce (adjust to taste)
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, pineapple juice, sugar, garlic, sesame oil, sesame seeds, pepper, and chili sauce.
- Put the beef strips in the soy mixture and marinate while covered in the fridge for 4 hours, or overnight.
- Heat the grill or a non stick pan, brush with sesame oil, then add beef. Cook while turning to brown both sides evenly.
- Place1/2 cup of the remaining marinade in a saucepan, and add 1 tsp cornstarch then stir under low heat, until very thick.
- Toss in the cooked beef, and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve hot, with side dish of togue or egg-noodle eggplants (recipes will be posted soon!).