Note: I use measuring spoons and measuring cups for my recipes, so if you're using normal utensils the measurements would not be accurate and much less than indicated
500 g of ground chicken breast
1 packet dry onion soup mix
1 tbsp dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
1/2 tsp. cayenne powder
2 tsp soy sauce
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp dried basil (optional)
- Cut chicken into cubes and place in a blender or food processor together with 1 egg.
- Pulse and mix until chicken is coarsely ground.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Form mixture into 1-inch balls. Let stand in the freezer for 15 minutes to set.
- Heat oil in frying pan until smoking hot. Place balls one by one into pan. Do not lower the heat as the cold balls will decrease the temperature of the oil immediately.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite sauce or dip.