Jul 20, 2010

Sassy's Special Spicy Chicken Sisig


spicy chicken sisig recipe

Recently I went into a state of mental mayhem. My mind was so messed up that I can commit the same mistake three times in a row without realizing that I should have avoided the same mistake all over again. It's a relief, though, that I didn't make any mistakes in providing nursing care as it would be very much as life-threatening as cancer, or so we have been taught. It may have been the lack of adequate sleep that's causing short circuits in my nervous system (and here I am sounding even geekier than usual..). Due to this, I can't come up with a new recipe to cook for our lunch today.

spicy chicken sisig recipe

So how was I able to cook the juicy and savory chicken sisig in the photo above? I was looking at the partially thawed chicken breast fillets at the freezer when I remembered our school cafeteria's chicken sisig, which was tasteless and downright unappetizing. Then I decided that I will cook chicken sisig that would make Alex decide not to buy their chicken sisig dish again. I'm glad that he loved it, and ate it gratefully in the dark while watching Leonardo DiCaprio's Inception.

Spicy Chicken Sisig Recipe

Note: I use measuring spoons and measuring cups for my recipes, so if you're using normal utensils the measurements would not be accurate and much less than indicated
  • 1/2 kg chicken fillet
  • 4 medium onions, finely chopped
  • 2 tsp chili garlic sauce
  • 1/2 cube chicken bouillon 
  • 1/2 cup vinegar
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 30 ml water
  • 1/2 tsp dried thyme
  • cooking oil
  • salt and pepper
Procedure:

  1. Wash and soak chicken fillets in brine (1 cup of water + 1 tbsp of salt) for 10 minutes.
  2. Drain well and rub with ground black pepper afterwards.
  3. Pan fry or grill the chicken until uniformly golden brown.
  4. Chop the chicken fillet into small cubes.
  5. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a wok and cook the chopped onions until caramelized and almost clear. Set aside.
  6. Stir fry the chicken and onions in the oil for 10 minutes at high heat.
  7. Add in  the water, chili garlic sauce, chicken cube, vinegar, soy sauce and thyme.Stir while cooking.
  8. Stir while cooking until all liquid has evaporated.
  9. Add a dash of oil and stir fry the cooked ingredients.
  10. Serve hot.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Pearl. So nice to meet you. That sisig looks really good!

    I'm gonna link you up over at my food blog okay?Link me up here too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! You have a new follower now also! I am always looking for yummy recipes! Thank you for visiting Mama's Little Chick! I hope to see you around the Hen House! You will see me looking for new ideas for dinner! :)

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog!! I'm a new follower of yours now as well! This meal looks great!! I love finding great recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the follow, I'm following you back! I love your comment button, so cute!

    frugalformyfriends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! Your blog is adorable!! I'll be coming back for some recipe ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi good day!

    This is mae of tv5 public affairs. I have seen your pictures of sisig while browsing the net. I would like to ask if we can get your permission to use the pictures you have taken for our cooking show Chef vs Mom. We have this episode about "SISIG" and we needed different pictures of sisig. We will acknowledge you if you have given us the permission to use the said pictures.

    Thank you very much and we are hoping for an affirmative response.

    Godbless and have a great day.

    You can reach me through 0927-251-5550 or zhemhaye_esperancilla@yahoo.com

    Sincerely
    Mae Esperancilla
    Program researcher

    ReplyDelete