Aug 27, 2010

Perfect Baked Potato Wedges


I don't know what characteristic potatoes have that my dad just can't resist buying bags of the stuff. Right after buying kilos of marbles potatoes and leaving half of them unused and beginning to rot, my dad brought home ten kilos of potatoes, but this time a lot bigger. It somehow gave me a false impression that he does this on purpose so the composting bin full of composting worms can have another stash of food supply, just in time that they finished the remaining wasted marble potatoes. Yup, worms. Unappetizing as it may sound, our home exercises green activities that help the environment such as segregating trash for recycling centers, and using composting worms to turn all our organic waste into fertilizers.

So here I am staring at all those potatoes and I told myself to at least bake some before they go bad. The funny thing is, my family always gobbles up everything whenever I cook potatoes, usually in front of the TV or movie. Battered, fried, baked or mashed, it doesn't really matter. They would always complain that I cook too few when in fact I have cooked too much. So I thought of sharing with you a recipe of mine for baked potato wedges.

Crisp edges, light and fluffy pulp. Perfect for snacks. Of course, perfect is a very subjective word.

Baked Potato Wedges Recipe

Ingredients:


4 large potatoes
3 tbsp olive/canola oil
2 1/2 tbsp grated cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp pepper

Procedure:

1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
2. Scrub potatoes and slice into 1/4" wedges.
2. Combine all remaining ingredients and brush liberally on both sides of the wedges.
3. Place in greased baking sheets and bake until crisp.
4. Serve with ranch dressing.

2 comments:

  1. wow! I wish I could do that! I cooked my own fries but it turned out a bit soggy! haha
    xoxo
    MrsM

    ReplyDelete