It was as creamy as I can remember, just like the gelato (custard-based, over-priced ice creams that are said to be Italian), and tastes like the cheesecake from Chocolate Kiss in UP Diliman. And all the other cheesecakes I devoured in my life, except for the disgusting one I tasted from McDonald's Cafe. Worst excuse for a cheesecake ever.
Anyway, here's how we made it:
4 egg yolks
2 cups all-purposecream, chilled well
1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup cream cheese
2/3 cup refined sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla extract, or maple extract
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Mix the egg yolks with sugar, but do not overbeat.
- Heat the milk in a thick saucepan for a minute.
- Pour half of the milk onto the egg yolks, beat for a minute, then pour back into saucepan with remaining milk.
- Lower the heat and keep stirring until the mixture is thick like maple syrup in consistency.
- Cool to room temperature then transfer to the freezer and chill for 2 hours.
- Once cool, mix together with chilled all-purpose cream, cream cheese, vanilla extract, and lemon juice.
- Pour into the ice cream maker and let process until the consistency is like soft-serve (think Mcdonald's vanilla sundae).
- Drop pastry crumbs during this stage (make your own by mixing melted butter with crushed graham crackers and sugar, bake, chill, and crumble).
- Transfer to the freezer for a firmer and creamier texture.
- Top with blueberry preserve.