Dec 26, 2010

Our Simple Christmas Dinner


*Recipes coming soon!*


I love the holidays, when everything is just about food. And this time, I just sat and relaxed while my older sister cooks our Christmas meals while I get to taste and eat while she's cooking. I managed to eat a buffet already by the time she forced me to help in preparing the food. So the recipes I will have to verify with both my memory and my sister's memory as well.

What's even better is that after all the heat in the kitchen, we made a special dessert, using my mom's gift for me: a Cuisinart Ice Cream and Sorbet Maker. Don't you just love how the holidays cast their magic when you plead for something?

Anyway, we had Baked Penne in Marinara Sauce, Barbecue Ribs, Ate's Healthier Pork Sisig, Prawn and Veggies Tempura, Homemade Sushi, and Homemade Cheesecake Ice Cream topped with Blueberry Preserve. No hamon de bola, sadly, but those dishes are quite a lot already, and they won't let me oven-broil the ham.

The photos were taken by both my sister and me, but I placed the watermark in my name for this blog's use. :p
Baked Penne in Rich Marinara Sauce. 
The grated parmesan made it look dry, but it was really saucy.

Ate's Healthier Sisig, with liver and crunchy roasted pork belly skin. 
It was cooked with less fat!

Prawn and Veggies Tempura.
Veggies include carrots and eggplants. Oh, and there's kani tempura too. :)


Fall-off the bone tender babecue ribs. Wayyy better than Rack's.

Homemade Sushi. My sister's first shot at it.
The rice wine's tartness was just right. :)

Homemade Cheesecake Ice Cream.
Made from cream cheese, baked crumbs, a lot of cream, and topped with blueberry preserve. :)

Those were the only dishes, but they were  cooked with a lot of love, and were devoured with a lot more love as well. Happy holidays everyone! Can't wait for New Year!

2 comments: