Dec 11, 2010

A Trip To Orchard Road


As much as I would have loved going to Singapore to have a taste of the exquisite cuisine of Orchard Road, a student's budget like mine can't possibly afford any trips for now. Not that I can't ask my parents for money, but I would rather not lest they give me a long lecture and probation on who I am going with and whatsoever doubts they can come up with.

So after a long walk around SM Megamall after a grueling AM shift in Novaliches, Alex and I found ourselves hungry just in time to turn around and see a cook flipping noodles through the glass kitchen. We then decided to take a rest and see if the food served is close to the real thing.

We ordered Char Kway Teow, Malaysian Chicken Curry, and Black Pepper Pork with rice for a quick lunch. For those who can't stand "exotic" Asian tastes, I wouldn't recommend Char Kway Teow. It was delicious, but based on Alex's reaction, he didn't quite like it. It has lots of flat noodles and shrimp, and to tell you the truth, it didn't look as colorful and yummy as in their menu photo.



The Malaysian Chicken Curry is okay, it lacks a lot of that spicy punch to be anywhere near the Malaysian Curry I know. Try Superbowl's curry and you'll see. It was tasty, though, and I enjoyed eating it, but for the lovers of all things extremely spicy then this would be like water compared to a fruit smoothie. I just hope there would be more pieces of chicken in the big bowl by the next time I order it.


The Black Pepper Pork was really good, just like how I cook them at home. It's served with garlic fried rice and a sunny-side-up egg. It's like eating breakfast during lunch time. What's cool is that you can see how they handle your food through the glass kitchen. We didn't order dessert, but Alex was hinting on having Kachang the next time we pass by. I will be uploading their menu soon. I haven't finished scanning and resizing the other photos yet. :)

0 dishes:

Post a Comment