Apr 13, 2011

Choco Lava Cupcakes


After the fudge brownies, I was back in the mood to bake, and accompanied by my sous-chef Alex, we baked a batch of choco lava cupcakes with candy sprinkles! If you're wondering why they're called choco lava cupcakes, it's because the center is filled with a large chocolate chunk which leads to the sunken cupcake centers.

I got the idea from my sister when she baked a batch of dulce de leche cupcakes with custard center. I though, why not make a chocolate version? The result: extremely addictive melt-in-your-mouth cupcakes.

Choco Lava Cupcakes Recipe

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 tbsp cocoa powder
3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 tsp of baking powder
8 oz dark chocolate bar, chopped


Procedure:

  1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
  2. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
  3. Combine the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
  4. Beat the sugar, oil and egg together. Add the flour mixture and milk. Mix well.
  5. Pour batter into 1/3 of each cupcake liner, then place chocolate chunks at the center.
  6. Pour remaining batter up to 3/4 of each cupcake liner.
  7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
  8. Remove from oven and cool.

9 comments:

  1. Ohlalala, it looks sweet!.

    Spice Up Your Life with some sisig, come and have some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love cupcakes but dunno how to bake it. Yum, yum. Happy FTF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds really delicious...i want one! thanks for sharing your recipe! btw, i followed you, hope you can followed me back! thanks! happy Friday and happy cambodian new year! :) -PinayMum - Mommy's Life Around...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly mouth-watering! Thanks for sharing your recipe! Here's my FTF entry: http://www.delightmyappetite.com/2011/04/food-trip-friday-laing-in-2-ways/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so wish I can bake, too. This is so good.

    my Food Trip Friday post

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! i love your presentation.. that looks so yummy! now you are making me sooo hungry! mine is up at http://www.colorsandcontrasts.com/anything-goes-salad/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delectable! Yummy to the tummy! Mine is up - My FTF Entry

    ReplyDelete
  8. how many days po tumatagal ang cup cakes na yan?

    ReplyDelete