Apr 4, 2011

Cookie S'mores!



I remember the humongous bonfires we had in high school during a late night science camp. We camped in school, had fun doing games, sang Spongebob's Campfire Song (yes, those days were geeky fun!), viewed the stars, and roasted marshmallows, hotdogs, and tilapia on the huge bonfire made by our jannitors right in the middle of Manila Science High School. Good ol' alma mater. Too bad no one brought chocolates and graham crackers back then, but the roasted marshmallows were so good. Some of them burned, though, but everything turned out fine in the end.

While my brothers and I can't make s'mores over hot coals nor light a bonfire in the middle of our village, I decided to make the next best thing after seeing a S'mores Cookie Recipe from Baked Perfection. I admit it doesn't look anywhere near her s'mores cookies, but I bet they are as delicious. These cookies are quite addictive! I revised the recipe based on what I have on hand that day. The baking time depend on your oven settings.

S'mores Cookies Recipe

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup butter (the whole bar)
1/2 cup refined sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups chopped dark chocolate tableas
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
2 Meiji dark chocolate bars, cut into small squares


Procedure:

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Celsius. 
  2. In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another bowl, combine all the wet ingredients until well mixed.
  3. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and beat while pouring the wet mixture into the well.
  4. Mix until smooth in consistency.
  5. Stir in the chopped tableas (or choco chips) and mix well.
  6. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
  7. Bake for 10 minutes, and remove from the oven. 
  8. Push 3 to 4 marshmallows and a few pieces of chopped chocolate bars into each cookie. 
  9. Return to the oven and bake an additional 6 to 8 minutes until fully cooked. 
  10. Cool cookies on a wire rack.

2 comments:

  1. I am not a sweet eater but those look totally yummy. Have a great day, April

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for hooking up with thirsty for comments today! I have to say that this one made me hungry - not for comments but for cookies! I'll have to try them with white chocolate since I'm allergic to 'real' chocolate, but I think they look great!

    ReplyDelete