Apr 18, 2011

Tuna-Cucumber Sushi Roll


These tuna rolls turned out to be a favorite afternoon snack by my brother. Though I prefer using fresh tuna over canned ones, my dad very seldom buys fish so I have to make do with these. After all, I still have leftover nori sheets from making the tamago nigiri last week, and I don't want them to go to waste.

The tuna filling has a spicy and herby flavor which complements the crisp cucumber slices well. Combined with the sweet tartness of the sushi rice which I always make with these rolls, it's a light and nutritious midday snack that I can eat all day. And Alex can't get enough of them, that I had to make two batches.


I opened two flat cans of Century Tuna flakes in oil and drained them well. Then I mixed the tuna flakes with a tablespoon of classic mayonnaise, a teaspoon of dried basil, and two teaspoons of ground black pepper.

Then I laid out a nori sheet and placed the tuna filling along the edge together with cucumber strips, and rolled them. Laid another nori sheet and spread sushi rice on top, then placed the rolled filling and formed into a large sushi roll.

I repeated this until I used up all the ingredients, and cut them into rings. I can't really tell how many I made since Alex and my brother were eating them as I make them.

3 comments:

  1. Uy, I will make this para sa wekend potluck namin! San Marino na kang gamitin ko hihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy naman po!!! sana po habang gagawa kayo po niyan i youtube niyo po para mapanood namin. hehehee i love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous..

    haha..gusto ko din yun! Sana may magvideo sa akin *ehem*..Sadly, most of the time I cook alone, so I can't possibly take a video.

    ReplyDelete