Apr 6, 2011

A Veneto Pizzeria Ristorante in Aguirre


A cousin of mine went home from Malaysia for her daughter's primary school graduation. And you know how Filipinos are to celebrate every milestone with a nice family dinner outside, having good conversations without worrying about cooking the food for a large group.


My cousin got to pick the place, of course, and we ended up in the bustling food neighborhood of Aguirre in BF Homes. Perhaps a good laugh and lots of corny jokes over Italian pizza and pasta would be perfect for the evening. The place has a homey feel to it, with a bit of a dim lighting, artworks, and rustic wall paint. Some of the photos ere from my sister. :)


I just love how cheesy and tasty everything was. It was like eating at at a modernized  cafeteria with laughter all around you from other tables and from your own. I personally loved the Nut Pesto Pasta with Chicken above. The Spicy Baked Mussels are a definite winner, the cheese was overflowing, I tell you! Its a big serving of baked mussels covered in rich and thick tomato sauce topped with melted mozzarella cheese.


There were a three varieties of the large giant pizzas, of which I was only able to take a photo of one. You see, when food is being passed to and from the three tables we occupied, you can't really take leisure photos. Below is the 16-inch pizza which I think is the all-meat pizza, but correct me if I'm wrong.


We also had Baked Ziti with Meatballs, which had three big meaty pieces of Italian meatballs on top of penne pasta, baked with rich marinara sauce and topped with soft mozzarella cheese. Really hits the spot!


Their Chicken Wings Basket below is a new favorite of mine, which I will soon attempt to recreate in my kitchen. The deep fried chicken wings and lollipops were supposedly marinated in herbs and spices, and smothered rich sweet chili sauce.


Oh, and their Classic Calzone is so rich, thick, and extremely saucy. To top it off, they even serve it with additional dipping sauce for your enjoyment. I think it was bigger than my plate.


What really made me full for the evening is the Oil and Garlic Pasta With Ham and Bacon in White Sauce. It isn't heavy like the usual carbonara and it was really infused with a lot of meat on top and inside. The night was great, and I had a lot of fun. :)


7 comments:

  1. Been there a couple times and the food is so good with beer! Salty but very hearty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! My mouth is watering!

    Thanks so much for dropping by the Be-Bop-A Blog Hop! I'm a follower and I hope you'll stop by again soon! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post, stopping by from Thursday Thursday, that food looks so mouth watering.. Look forward to checking out more, I also followed, would love it if you popped over. I also have a Youtube channel if your out in the Youtube world let me know :-) Aprils Lifestyle Show

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by again from Thirsty Thursday - next week, please only link one post :) These do look really yummy though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i miss this restaurant!!! mom and i use to have some late night bonding sa glorrieta branch nila. nut pesto chicken is my favorite...and since its way too far from my home, i usually just make one at home, here my recipe - http://cookthisrecipe.blogspot.com/2010/09/recipe-nut-pesto-with-chicken.html

    thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss dining again @ A Veneto Pizzeria Ristorante in Aguirre.. I love the pizza and miss their spaghetti meatballs..

    ReplyDelete