May 5, 2011

Army Navy Burgers

Army Navy Burgers

Oh, I know I'm not supposed to be addicted to burgers from fast foods, no matter how big, juicy, and tasty they are, but I just can't help it. Army Navy's burgers really hit the spot and has become my instant favorite in the burger joints across the metro. Of course, there's Crave Burger and others, but that's a different story. :)



Whenever we pass by Army Navy in Taft Avenue, I always tell myself that burgers are greasy and unhealthy, no matter how mouthwatering they are. But Alex wanted to eat some huge burgers, and the nearest food shop we could find was this one. The place was small, but not crowded, with a few posters on the walls pertaining to their food and theme. It has that ambiance that no one will mind you eating sloppily.

Army Navy Burgers

So Alex got his request: The Bully Boy Burger with three patties (topmost photo), along with a side of Freedom Fries. You can see in the photo above that they did not skimp on the meat. The burger was huge, and I wondered how he managed to fit it in his mouth. What disappointed me was their Freedom Fries. No matter how delicious they are, the serving was so small that it wasn't even enough for one person! But they are quite good, reminds me of KFC's fries, but thinner. It was placed on what seemed like a four-inch cardboard box.

Army Navy Burgers

I got a Double Burger, since I was starving, but I was overwhelmed because it was as big as the Bully Boy Burger, only it has two patties instead of three. It was really good. Not too salty, and good. :) I ordered onion rings with it but I was even more disappointed with the serving size of the onion rings. They were crisp, not greasy at all, but a bit too thin for me. I like my onion rings thick on the inside.

Army Navy Burgers

Not to mention that they are bland. I know that there are condiments available at the counter, but I like my onion rings bare, and not even tasting the natural taste of onions, or any hint of good taste, is torture. Here's the same cardboard box size as the Freedom Fries, and the serving is too scanty.


But I am willing to forgive this time. We will definitely go back again. :)

16 comments:

  1. witty name of the burger, hopefully it doesn't rub on those who eat it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hubby's favorite burger...happy FTF! Mine is up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my..such lovely burger and fries..perfect for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is one big burger, and love the name of the outlet too

    have a blastful weekend, and hope you check out my entry here too.
    Food and Passion
    I Love Darly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummy burger..i wish i could eat one..but doctor says no.. :( here is my Simple Summer Drinks

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is one yummy burger....is making me crave for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The term Freedom fries was coined after the French army get out of Iraq and US was pissed,so they decided they do not want to call the fries "french fries' anymore, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow yummy yummy..

    Hope you can come and visit my Food Trip Friday too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love love love army navy, hahaha but i only settle for the regular burger. that makes me so full already even w/o fries!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, huge burgers...but it does sounds really great burgers and looks delicious! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow love the look of your blog and it makes me starve... hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  12. can you give me the recipe's for the freedom fries? :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. can you give us the recipe for the freedom fries? thanks

    ReplyDelete