May 26, 2011

Dad's, Saisaki, and Kamayan: Eat All You Can Buffet


As I have mentioned in my last Friday's post, I made a promise to Alex that if he keeps his grades up for the rest of our summer class, I would treat him to an eat-all-you-can lunch over at Dad's, Saisaki, and Kamayan in SM Megamall. Seeing how well he does in each of our evaluation exams and how compliant he is on the diet I made for him, I decided to give him the treat. 

I learned in our nutrition class that diets will only be successful if you give yourself (in this case, Alex) a treat or break once in a while. And that break should be adjacent to the diet you gave. I made Alex go on a low carb diet, and the only carbs he ever touched in this buffet were in his sushi platter you can see above. He let me taste the one with the kiwi on top, and oh my, it was so yummy. The sushi plate below is mine:


Though I'm a big fan of sushi and sashimi, I did not indulge too much on Saisaki's that day. I only got one small plate. but I did choose according to the poster they provided about what's in each sushi. The temaki sushi (cone-shaped) tastes a lot like California Maki. The others were a mixture of flavours, from sweet, to tart, to a blend of salty and tartness that one would only enjoy if you consume the sushi whole.


This is my plate from Kamayan which showcases a mix of seafood, pork, and vegetables. Alex was too busy eating so I didn't dare disturb him from consuming a ton of meat and veggies. What I can say was that from all I ate from Kamayan, the seafood dish above called Yamang Dagat was my favorite. It has clams, mussels, squid, and crab, all smothered in nice sweet-spicy sauce that would make you melt. 


I also took a small bowl of crisp crablets, and a light soy-vinegar sauce.


My plate from Dad's consist of skewered seafood, buttered vegetables to balance out the meat, a syrup-smothered Gyoza, ham roulade, bacon-wrapped beef, and crab cakes. I could say that everything was delicious, but Dad's dishes were sort of ordinary. Others were just roast beef, salads, and chicken. But I did love the bacon-wraps.


The photo above shows the Roast Lamb from Dad's, served with a nice mint dip which Alex claims tastes like toothpaste. I had it and it tastes great with the Lamb, but never mind eating it alone. The lamb roast was tough, which may be a product of hurried cooking. I wish I could show you more but I didn't want to ruin our date by snapping at each plate we took.


A quick snap before leaving. Entry to the Ultimate Buffet for Dad's, Saisaki, and Kamayan is worth Php 675 each not including drinks. I think we spent around Php 1600 including drinks.

17 comments:

  1. Sarap naman! Wants some sushi too :)

    Happy FTF! Here's mine...http://www.lyzalane.info/2011/05/ftf-brazo-de-mercedes.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing Saisaki, lovely couple1

    ReplyDelete
  3. missing sushi, too. uve got a full table, girl.im getting hungry....boy, it's midnight already:)

    http://www.bongabonlife.com/2011/05/26/sarsiado-sans-g-g/

    http://www.sibuyasrepublic.com/2011/05/26/pork-sinigang-rice/

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's been a long time since i was at Dad's. i usually stay away from buffets.:p glad you both enjoyed their buffet--the last time i was there, it was disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yumyum!!! like it! I love sushi. btw i got sushi blog entry too hope you can check it out http://aquinochris.blogspot.com/ =)thanks.

    all photos above are luscious....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my!It's been awhile na talaga since our last visit in an eat-all-you-can restaurants. Drooling over your food parade!^_^

    http://ties-bonding.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-kids-bento.html

    Happy FTF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. first picture looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! This is a real treat in every sense of the word!

    isiting thru Food Trip Friday

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all looks so good! I've never been to Kamayan/Saisaki in years. Time to visit the place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a sumptuous meal!

    Late at night bloghopping from FTF. Ayan nagugutom tuloy ako with the foods I am browsing at different pages lol.

    Spice Up Your Life, have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummilicious.. if I am hungry and want to treat myself to the max level, I go to Saisaki with hubby..

    Visiting from Taste Matters of Food Trip Friday

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is what I miss living outside of M.M. No Dad's, Saisaki and Kamayan! But with other great alternatives naman...Blog hopping from FTF! Please do visit mine here - http://www.anaturalmama.com/2011/05/healthy-recipe-2-homemade-herbed-tomato.html. Thanks and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. my dad's side family love celebrating special occasion at Dad's and its one of the food places that I am missing including the gatherings! anyway, everything looks so delicious and you made me crave for some sushi. anyway, have a great weekend! -PinayMum - Mommy's Life Around...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks delicious! ;) Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. super love ko talaga ung food na miss ko date namin ng hubby ko....the best ung pagkain...sana magkaroon dn cla branch sa MOA para mas malapit..

    ReplyDelete