May 15, 2011

The Secret


I got an email from Paula of BC Bloggers Secret sometime this week about a new feature of BC Bloggers that would amp up the edge of being a member. I haven't been very active lately because I had to prioritize certain things, but I guess I really wanted to make up for lost time. Anyway, she has a simple question for us to answer:

“What is one tool, tip, secret (or whatever it may be) that you have discovered  that has helped you in your blogging and would like to share to others?”

I have been blogging for a year now, and I must admit that it hasn't been a quick way to getting a little bit known. It may have been due to many months of inactivity that the friends I made during my first few months of blogging have thought I have retired from this. I started again early this year, hoping to bring my blog up to the next level.

But what I learned was that the numbers don't really matter. As long as you have even a few readers, you're in the right path. Sometimes I wonder where my readers came from, but I realized that they will come to you on their own if you can write passionately, talk about sensible things, and give something to your readers. Be it a new knowledge, the latest trends, some tips, great wordless photos, or in my case, recipes and thoughts about dining out. There has to be something in your post that says, "she isn't blogging for the sake of posting."

Oh, and if you really want to push things to their maximum potential, try to leave sensible comments and join memes with passion. Don't join memes with the thought, "free link exchange", but interact with the others who joined as well. This is only the second meme I joined, because I prefer to keep the quality of my posts at a rate I can provide well.

    2 comments:

    1. for me naman, it's the contents. i'd like to focus more on what i write, i want it to be helpful if not entertaining at least merong sustansya somehow hehehe.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I agree that you just don't write rubbish just so you could have a new content. I reckon a good post could survive a long time. That way you won't have to update as much:-)

      ReplyDelete