It's been so long since I last posted here. I was busy with an exam that would be the start of my future career, and I didn't want to compromise it. But here I am again, and I started everything off by cooking a simple breakfast this morning. It's herby, meaty, and has a lot less salt and oil than the usual fritata.
Eggplant Fritata Recipe
2 long eggplants
1 tomato, diced
1/2 cup cubed spam (optional)
1 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp dried basil
salt and pepper to taste
- Roast eggplants on open fire. Cool to room temperature then peel under running water.
- Cut off the stem, and mash the eggplants with a fork.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the flour, basil, salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes, spam, and eggplant, and mix until well blended.
- Heat a pan and brush lightly with oil or butter.
- Pour the mixture and cook until the bottom is set but the top is still creamy.
- Serve hot with garlic fried rice.