If you've seen my Gardenia Plant Tour post a few days back, I did mention that I will be posting a rundown of the recipes featured in the bloggers tour. While it's not surprising that you can do much more than a sandwich to serve to your kids, there's just something about these treats that would make you want to try them right then and there. My favorite would be the quesadillas that are made from flattened classic white bread slices, filled with cheese, grilled to a perfection, and served with salsa.
A nice twist would be the Tuna Maki Rolls, and it's definitely a good choice for kids who gets picky when they see the nori outside their sushi roll counterparts.Gardenia Easy Quesadillas with Salsa DipIngredients
18 slices Gardenia Classic White Bread 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated 1/2 cup chunky salsa, store bought
- Trim off the brown edges in each slice of bread.
- Spread one tablespoon of grated mozzarella cheese on one side of the bread. Cover with another slice of bread.
- Flatten each sandwich with cheese using a rolling pin. Place each flattened sandwich in a hot non-stick pan. Toast each side until slightly brown in color.
- Cut the quesadillas diagonally. Serve each triangular queasadillas with chunky salsa.
Gardenia Tuna Maki RollsIf you're into sandwiches, then you can boost up the excitement by preparing these two sandwiches, the Spanish Milkfish Sandwich, and their newest addition, the Ham and Jam Sandwich.
6 slices Gardenia Classic White Bread 1 can (184g) tuna chunks in water,drained ¼ cup mayonaise 1 tbsp red bell pepper,chopped 1 tbsp green onions,chopped 6 slices cheese Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together tuna,mayonnaise,bell pepper and onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread mixture evenly over each slice of Gardenia Classic White Bread.
- Place a slice of cheese then roll tightly.
- Wrap roll in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Slice into 1-inch pieces and serve cut-side-up to show filling.
Gardenia Spanish Milkfish Sandwich
10 slices Gardenia High Fiber Whole Wheat Bread 1 cup Spanish milkfish in bottle, drained 1/4 cup dried mangoes, store bought, chopped 1/2 cup mayonnaise lettuce leaves 5 pcs cheese singles, store bought 1 pc salad tomato,sliced
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, dried mangoes and flaked spanish milkfish.
- Spread enough fish mixture to cover one side of bread. Top with mixed salad greens, cheese
and tomato. Cover with another slice of bread.
- Cut the sandwich diagonally. Serve
Gardenia Wheat Raisin Ham and Jam Sandwich
4 slices Gardenia High Fiber Wheat Raisin Loaf 2 slices Cooked ham (store bought) 2 tsp Cream cheese 2 tsp Strawberry jam
- Spread a teaspoon of cream cheese on one side of the bread and a teaspoon of sugar free strawberry jam on the other
piece of bread.
- Top ham and lettuce leaves. Cover with another slice of bread.
- Serve with brewed coffee.
Gardenia Choco Mocha Rumballs
1 400 g Gardenia Double Delights Choco Mocha 1/4 cup Rum 2 tbsp Condensed milk 2 cups Melted chocolate 1/2 cup Walnuts, chopped (optional)
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients except chopped walnuts and melted chocolate. Mix until well blended.
- Form into small balls. Dip in melted chocolate until well coated. Top with chopped walnuts. Chill. Serve.