Aug 2, 2011

Get Your Mercato Centrale Fix With City Delivery!

Mercato Centrale Fix With City Delivery

It's been long since I wanted to go to Mercato Centrale and try all the dishes the weekend market is known for, but a trip to Bonifacio Global City from our place is a good, long ride, and so far I haven't mustered enough strength to drop by. Sometimes I wonder when would I be able to go around my own country and revel in all its glory: the food, the scenery, and the rich local culture, but at the start of my would-be career, one would set priorities. 

Now what most too-busy-to-dine city dwellers have long desired was made possible by Our Awesome Planet's Anton Diaz and RJ Ledesma with the birth of City Delivery. With a goal to connect unique foodie finds with many people at just a click or a simple phone call, everyone can now enjoy the Metro's emerging great food merchants and products without so much as taking a step outside their abode.

Just recently, Foodie Delivery has partnered with Mercato Centrale so that foodies can indulge in the delicacies Mercato Centrale has to offer. Located in Bonifacio Global City, it has stayed on top of many lists of must-visit foodie spots around Metro Manila. So if you can't make it to the weekend market, you can still have your fix by ordering through their hotline or through their website. With the launch of Mercato Centrale Delivery through City Delivery, foodies can now try the specialties from the famous weekend bazaar. :)

Mercato Centrale Fix With City Delivery

I have City Delivery to thank for the invitation to try out a meal from one of Mercato Centrale's merchants, Bale Dutung. Silly me for forgetting to take a photo of their bright orange delivery motorcycles and the friendly delivery guy. I must admire him for that, he came from a long way and he still managed to flash a smile. I guess the motorcycles are not the only ones that are bright. :) The food came in microwaveable plastic containers, with everything wrapped up inside. There were sauces packed separately. I also got a salad and two cold cans of Pepsi, one of the company's new partners.

It's a relief that the food wasn't cold even after the long trip and the rainy weather, in fact it was still a bit warm, but I do love eating hot food, so I popped the Bagnetta in the toaster, and heated the Lechon Tortilla in the microwave. After a few minutes, a hot  and tasty meal for me and my sister. Who would have thought that the meal on those plates was from a food delivery service? I think they look like they're fresh from Bale Dutung's kitchen!

Mercato Centrale Fix With City Delivery

The Bagnetta came with a small instruction leaflet on heating and assembling, which I followed to a T, so I got what what was pictured above. Crisp Pan de Bagnet on a bed of KBL (kamatis, bagoong, lasuna) on top of hot, toasted ciabatta bread. Though I always have bagnet from Ilocos, eating it this way is a pleasant surprise. I long thought I couldn't eat bagnet without rice, but I stand corrected. On a note, I love their bagoong, which doesn't have that strong fishy smell and packs a lessened salty taste but still retains great flavor.

Mercato Centrale Fix With City Delivery


On the photo above is Bale Dutung's famous Lechon Tortilla, and the thick sauce on it is their Oriental Sauce. You probably can't see the lechon strips, which were smothered with sauce and topped with tomatoes and onions, but it is a generous serving. It was a wickedly pleasant bite, with the rich basil flavor complementing the lechon well. What I love about this: I can't see lechon fat so there's no guilt in eating this! :) Here it is, all wrapped up:


Ordering from them is easy, though you have to place your weekday order two days in advance, you can have them right away during the weekends. There are eight merchants including Bale Dutung whose food are available for you through City Delivery:

  • Bale Dutung - enjoy Chef Claude Tayug's famous creations: Pan de Bagnet and Lechon Tortilla.
  • Big Bob's - satisfy your cravings for mozarella and cheddar cheese-stuffed burger patties that are grilled over charcoal.
  • Chucks Grubberie - can provide you with a variety of fish to choose from for your traditionally cooked fish and chips.
  • Homemade Ravioli - gives you fresh homemade ravioli with a selection of flavors to choose from, served with fresh tomato salsa.
  • Manang's Chicken - serves yummy double-fried chicken infused with their secret soy-garlic sauce and a hint of sesame.
  • Merry Moo - excites foodies with fresh homemade ice cream with fun and creative flavors!
  • Mochiko -indulge in modern versions of Japanese mochi, with exciting fillings including ice cream and traditional red bean paste.
  • Spring by Ha Yuan - offers foodies with light and healthier versions of Chinese and Asian delights such as their bao sliders and chilled taho.

    To place your order and get your Mercato fix now, go to their website: www.citydelivery.ph or call their hotline at 87878. Food delivery has never been this easy! Like City Delivery on Facebook! :)


    18 comments:

    1. Oh my! I gotta try that lechon tortilla!

      ReplyDelete
    2. gotta loved that tortilla,too. i'm not sure if i can be patient pairing bagnet w/ bread,esp w/ that "KBL"...rice for me please:)

      thumbs up for the post, again:)

      ReplyDelete
    3. i love to try the tortillas minus the pork meat ^^

      happy weekend, sis!

      ReplyDelete
    4. the lechon tortilla is a must-try. been to Mercato Centrale a couple of times---usually on weekends, before midnight. it's a fun experience, and prices are cheap! i went to bed burping in my sleep.*LOL*

      ReplyDelete
    5. These look delicious! Where is the location of this place?

      ReplyDelete
    6. What a hearty meal for you and your sister! The Lechon Tortilla fascinates me, and I'm sure my husband will love the Crisp Pan de Bagnet. We haven't been to Mercato because we live far from it, so we should try City Delivery soon instead. Thanks for sharing this info! Here's my FTF entry: http://www.delightmyappetite.com/2011/08/food-trip-friday-chelsea-market-and-cafe/

      ReplyDelete
    7. we're near the place but haven't tried there.. pero andito na kami sa province, well maybe i should try once im back there..

      sarap ng mga foods.. sana pwede padeliver dito hihihii!

      have a great weekend!

      http://vhen.blogspot.com/2011/08/i-heart-tutti-frutti.html

      see yah!

      ReplyDelete
    8. 87878- I ordered my lunch today! yay! mouth watering. tempting!

      ReplyDelete
    9. love the way you presented the food and took the shots! ganda! mas nakakagutom! :)
      haven't been to Mercato Centrale yet, but meaning to go there one of these days...

      thanks so much for linking to Food Friday, Pearl
      have a safe and happy weekend!

      ReplyDelete
    10. never tried that lechon tortilla yet..tsaka, wala ding Mercato Centrale dito sa amin.:(

      Happy FTF. Mine is up now.

      ReplyDelete
    11. I love how it was presented, very detailed and it looks like they really got the best chef ever there. Mine is up and its here. Little World of Fun

      ReplyDelete
    12. Wow may home delivery na pala yan na ganyan, love it!! ^_^



      Sun Tea

      ReplyDelete
    13. they allow kaya to order from 2 mercato centrale establishments for 1 delivery? i wanna try manang's and big bobs!

      ReplyDelete
    14. Looks like Mercato is a food tripper's haven.

      ReplyDelete
    15. wow, the presentation turned out nice even if this was just delivered food. :)

      ReplyDelete
    16. Wow, thanks for this info. I'll keep them in mind when I get back to Manila, sa kanila ako magpapadeliver.

      ReplyDelete
    17. I didn't know na may delivery pala and Mercato Centrale. Been there twice, sarap ng Merry Moo and Bog Bob's,

      ReplyDelete
    18. Buti na lang may delivery na sila, I am craving for Manang's e. I'll have a delivery siguro this weekend. =p

      ReplyDelete