Aug 24, 2011

Mercato Centrale: Ha Yuan's Chilled Taho


I'm a big fan of taho and soy milk. We used to have our own soy milk maker here at home, but it's not working anymore. Soy milk that's missing from our diet is tolerable, but to have our morning servings of hot, steaming cups of silken tofu glazed with sugar syrup and tapioca balls is something else. I wondered why our taho vendor has gone missing, turns out he was selling in the afternoons, carrying two large containers of flavored taho. 

On a recent project with City Delivery, they also sent me Manang's famous twice-fried chicken and Ha Yuan's chilled taho, aside from the Bale Dutung meal. What I love about this taho, though, that made me feature it is that it is so silky and cold, with a light sugar syrup that won't make you guilty when you indulge. Yes, I love pouring lots of arnibal (caramelized sugar) in my taho. And what's better is that their taho tastes sooo good with fruits because of the lighter syrup, and it makes a great and healthy afternoon snack!

14 comments:

  1. this looks like the "sosi" version of the strawberry taho at Baguio City :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum yum yum. I love taho, though it's been a decade since I've had some. I tried making some myself, but it didn't work :(
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg that looks so good. i love taho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to Mercato :( Really should seeing all your yummy posts from Mercato. This taho looks soooo good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had taho in a long time. I sure would love to try that taho with fruits. Happy FTF! Here's my entry: http://www.delightmyappetite.com/2011/08/food-trip-friday-peri-peri-charcoal-chicken/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i miss taho!!

    My Food Trip for this week is Baked Beans with Sausage , hope u can drop by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. there is near Mamang Taho nearby. it's been a long time since I had one. your taho is so yummy. my kids enjoyed eating taho when they were little, i just don't know why they don't seem to like it now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a Taho person but i do eat it sometimes which is very seldom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, that's yummy...miss ko na ang taho. visiting you back, thanks for your comment, very much appreciated. have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love taho! haven't tried putting fruits in it, though; that would be a welcome change!

    thanks so much for sharing this over at Food Friday, Pearl
    happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greetings. This is my first time on your blog, but you have a terrific one. I am always on the look out for new blogs, new ideas. I especially appreciate all the details you d0. Great photos makes it seem like anyone can replicate the recipe!

    I am asking, would you please consider posting a few of your favorite recipes on erecipecards.com
    http://erecipecards.com/

    It is a tool for bloggers to see and to be seen. Your posts would fit in perfectly.

    in addition, all photos, recipe titles as well as your blog name would link directly back to your blog. Thus giving you new attention and potentially new readers.

    Or, if you just want to take a look at a lot of fellow food bloggers all in one place. A great learning experience to get ideas about how to establish your own blogging voice!


    Please take a look. If you have any ideas or questions, please do not hesitate to write

    Dave
    http://erecipecards.com/
    Contact@eRecipeCards.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I miss taho and soya milk. The taho vendor in our place only visit our area with lukewarm taho. Ugh. As for soya milk, I stopped drinking it when I became pregnant three years ago, morning sickness and all that. This reminds, I should include it in my diet again.

    Visiting via FTF#125.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Taho, I've been to Mercato a lot times though during the midnight, never have I seen taho during those times, I guess this is a good reason to visit Mercato during the day!

    ReplyDelete