Sep 1, 2011

ChikBoy's Lechon Cebu



My sister has been raving about ChikBoy being a great fast food to eat in, and she claims that their lechon cebu was something you would like to eat when you're on a budget and still want some comfort food. It was weird when I heard her say it, because she is not fond of fatty foods, and she hardly ever likes any fast food joint.

But then again, with the gloomy weather making me lose all my mojo in posting and doing my oDesk jobs, maybe comfort food in the form of roast whole pork cut into bite-sized pieces isn't such a bad idea. I was a bit turned off by the time the plate got to us, because the meat was all greasy. But hey, what's lechon without the fat, right?



So I may have had a lot of high expectations for this one, but at the end of the day, I had better tasting lechon than this one. No, not from Metro Manila, but the ones I had from the provinces. But Chikboy's lechon cebu is yummy, and their vinegar dip that's light and different than usual does amp up the flavor a lot. :) And yes, we did indulge, but not too much. The staff was friendly and kept offering us another free bowl of rice, even though we kept declining.

19 comments:

  1. am sure lechon lovers will drool on this one. I don't eat pork but I know that Iliganons are also proud of their lechon. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great recipe, this looks delicious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we used to have a place in minglanilla, cebu and everytime we go there and visit- our first stop will have to be a lechon cebu shop.... love it and there is no other lechon as yummy as that from Cebu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for such a fun giveaway caravan and for this prize. I'm excited. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found this lechon really good! Hi Pearl! hihi :>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! This is one of my all time favorites which I try to avoid cos I tend to eat way too much rice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is one ChikBoy branch opening near our place, I sure hope we could try their foods asap, ako na lang ata ang di pa nakakain doon. Hehehe,

    Hopping from Food Trip Friday... here's my share:
    Foodie 365 | Week 34
    Happy Weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is sinfully yummy, hehehe.. BTW liked your FB page hope you can like back :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. if i'm not mistaken, i passed by a Chikboy branch in Araneta Center the other day. but it was early in the afternoon and we went to Wendy's around the corner instead.:p

    ReplyDelete
  10. tried their Lechon last summer and it tastes good too.

    visiting thru FTF. mine's up

    ReplyDelete
  11. yummy.. pero ang cholesterol..hmmm..:)

    Champorado

    ReplyDelete
  12. haven't tried their Lechon Cebu yet, but that looks yummy! the best lechon i've tasted is from the province, too...the meat is really soft and tender and has that hint of lemongrass in it. :)

    thanks for sharing over at Food Friday, Pearl
    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lechon Cebu was quite popular but since I'm not relaly a lechon lover, I can't really tell the difference.
    Congrats to your winner.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is it their vinegar dip that makes it different from other lechon? I would love to try this, too. Here's my FTF entry: http://www.delightmyappetite.com/2011/09/food-trip-friday-shi-lin/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never been a fan of lechon. well, I like the skin and i like it as a lechon paksiw. haven't tried lechon cebu though and chicboy...might visit a branch near us one of these days...

    visiting via FTF:

    http://www.cherryeveryday.com/2011/09/pasta-carbonara/

    ReplyDelete