Sep 5, 2011

Pandan Chicken Recipe

 

It's been so long since I last cooked. There's a lot going on in my life right now as my career is already starting, and the rainy weather has been draining all my energy away. Just this morning the sun finally peeked and stayed throughout the day, and I saw our pandan plants (screwpine leaves) in the garden, lush and green, waiting for me to pick on their wonderful foliage.



Now I don't want to make some pandan-flavored dessert, but I do want to cook pandan chicken. I've been eating a lot of it before, but I've never actually tried to cook some. The thought of eating sticky pandan flavored bite-sized chicken is so welcome right now. So here's my first try, and it came out delicious. You might want to adjust the seasonings or taste if you're not used to it. :)



Pandan Chicken Recipe

Ingredients
  • a bunch of pandan leaves
  • 8 pcs chicken thigh filletscut into 2-inch cubes
  • 1 inch piece ginger, peeled and grated finely
  • 3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 1/2 tsp oyster sauce
  • 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp asian fish sauce
  • 1 tsp ground black pepper

Cooking Directions

  1. In a deep bowl, combine the chicken pieces with all the ingredients above except the pandan leaves.
  2. Leave at the fridge to marinate for two hours.
  3. Lay a piece of chicken on one end of the pandan leaf and roll tightly. The chicken will shrink a bit during cooking so it's better to roll tight.
  4. Secure the end with a toothpick.
  5. Deep fry until golden brown.
  6. Remove the toothpicks and serve hot.

14 comments:

  1. same as you, i love this dish but i have not dared making some...with this recipe of yours, i might just cook some!

    thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. how r you? i miss your blog hun.. sorry..
    that's another yummy post! i would also like to ask if you cater- meant accept some catering stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  3. opppsss... super yummy sis... I will train this one very soon hope so. Passing here by bc blogger (www.todaysbulletin.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw,i want to try, I have many pandans in the yard...

    i'll join ur giveaway tomorrow...for now, it's forty winks muna :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks super delicious! Maybe it can also be grilled? I'll give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh ganito pala ang way to cook this, makabili nga ng pandan. :) Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    Hopping from Food Trip Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for sharing the recipe! we'll try this :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely chicken dish and so easy to prepare, too! Thanks for sharing your recipe. Visiting late from FTF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm glad i took time to visit - first, i learned of your giveaway, second, I learned a new recipe that i think my son will love, he's a bit picky! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And this is why i LOVE this blog! Keep on sharing the goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm interested to try this, ill check it out how it taste..

    ReplyDelete