Jan 19, 2012

Lunch in Kangaroo Jack - SM North EDSA


It's been a busy couple of weeks, and so far this year turns out to be more of a challenge than I thought. I couldn't find time to cook or bake anything, and with both Alex and I being busy in our own separate ways, we decided to just eat out every now and then. After watching Coriolanus in SM North we decided to head on to Kangaroo Jack for a late lunch. A warm plate of ribs seemed fitting after that tragic movie.

Kangaroo Jack - SM North EDSA


For our appetizer, we had their Nacho Jacko. Warm nacho chips smothered generously with nacho cheese, white onions, tomatoes, green chilies, and beef. I like the sweet saucy beef contrasting sharply with the chunks of green chili, but the dip is a disappointment. I thought it's just the packaged sweet spaghetti sauce dumped into the ramekin.

Kangaroo Jack - SM North EDSA


Alex ordered Hickory Ribs, with the sweet-savory sauce heavily drenching the meat. It's the usual smokey flavor that melts in your mouth with the meat, and the sauce mixed nicely with the rice. The meat was very tender and nicely charred in some places.

Kangaroo Jack - SM North EDSA


I got myself the Honey Bourbon Ribs. Sweet and sticky sauce lightly covers the meat, with just the right amount of honey. There's no hint of soy or rib sauce, and the meat is tender and almost creamy. We asked both our ribs to be well-done, as we already had our fill of blood from the movie. :p Both were served with rice, corn, and crisp steamed vegetables.

Kangaroo Jack - SM North EDSA


For dessert, we shared Banana Fritters With Vanilla Ice Cream. The waitress who served this to us didn't provide a dessert spoon, and when I asked for a spoon, the waiter just picked up the spoon laid at the next table. With no manager in sight and eager not to ruin the day, I let it pass.

I found the banana fritters (turon) small but very sweet and a bit hard. Alex didn't mind, but the whole plate was overly sweet. The turon seemed to be honeyed, and drizzled with chocolate and strawberry syrup.

Kangaroo Jack - SM North EDSA


Kangaroo Jack is at The Block, SM North EDSA, near the Sky Garden. With drinks (forgot to take photos), our total bill for this meal is Php 726. Not bad for a nice lunch, though they could improve their customer service. The couple at the table next to us spent a long time trying to catch the attention of the waitresses, but they just kept on chatting and by the looks of it, exchanging gossip.


14 comments:

  1. yum...all the foods looks delish here Sis :-) We seldom go to a buffet. Visiting from Food Trip Friday, hope that you can return the favor too.

    http://www.kandhistools.com/my-tenderloin-steak/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to try their Honey Bourbon Ribs and their Nacho Jacko, too. Looks delicious! Here's my FTF entry: What a lovely "angry birds" cake! I'm sure the kids had a blast at this party! Here's my FTF entry: http://www.delightmyappetite.com/2012/01/p-f-changs-china-bistro-opens-its-first-philippine-branch-in-alabang-town-center/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The price is not bad at all. Is that with drinks? Visiting from Food Trip Friday

    ReplyDelete
  4. all the foods are yummy! i want to try there one of these days :)

    http://thelayugan.blogspot.com/2012/01/mangga-with-alamang.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeeha! Smokin' ribs. Too far from us though...
    Please check out mine...http://www.gastronomybyjoy.com/2012/01/is-that-upside-down-house-pan-de.html
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delish. Hopefully when we eat there, the waitresses wont be gossiping :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had an unpleasant experience at KJ before so I don't eat there anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks so delish. I noticed there are many awesome restaurant in Manila and even in another cities. Can't wait to visit Philippines ^_^ Blog hopping here!

    Kim, USA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the Hickory Ribs! Nahiya naman ako sa HQ photos mo. Haha. LQ lang kasi images ko :D

    Visiting back from <a href="http://www.chicfoodies.com/>Chic Foodies</a> :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I love the dessert, tempting. Mine is up and its here thanks Sahm’s Dining Diary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello...

    Its yummy, added you in my list and from Alexa.

    Visit me here:
    http://www.traveltomydreams.com/
    http://freethoughts.info/

    Thank you

    Lady

    ReplyDelete
  12. I might try this place next time i visit SM, it's where I usually do my grocery shopping anyway.Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg I think everything looks wonderful - but would it be rude to just have dessert? That looks fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  14. ayay! drooling to the max! thanks for sharing...late visit...:)

    ReplyDelete