Need some serious sugar fix? Try some chiffon cake layered with whipped cream, caramel, peaches and nuts! Who doesn't love peaches and cream anyway? This one's definitely going to satisfy anyone's sweet cravings. Yummy, a bit too sweet for some, but definitely good for the soul.
Featured previously on SM Master Chef's Cooking Marathon, I decided to give each recipe another chance at the limelight.
Peaches and Cream Caramel Trifle RecipeIngredients
- 1 whole basic chiffon or sponge cake
- 2 250-gram packs all-purpose cream, chilled (for frosting)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 250-gram pack all-purpose cream
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 can sliced peaches
- Whip 2 packs all purpose cream until soft peaks form.
- Chill until ready to use for frosting.
- To make caramel, combine sugar and water in a small pan.
- Do not stir. Cook over medium heat until sugar is cooked and has turned amber in color.
- Quickly pour in cream and stir vigorously. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat then add butter. Set aside to cool.
- To assemble, divide the cake into two slices horizontally.
- Place a layer of cake on the bottom of a trifle bowl.
- Spread caramel over the cake then top with whipped cream and slices of peaches. Repeat the process to the second layer.
- Lastly, frost top of the cake with the remaining cream.
- Garnish with nuts and peaches.
- Drizzle with more caramel on top.